Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Disneyland Adventures

For my birthday this year my sister Jessica hooked us up with some free tickets to Disneyland! Of course, I jumped at the chance! Brad doesn't quite understand my love for Disneyland but he doesn't mind going especially because Braylee is so much fun to go with.

We left on Sunday evening and made it to the hotel (Anabella Hotel, my fav. since they give an amazing government employee discount) by about 9 o'clock. Braylee somehow managed to stay awake most of the trip even with a lack of an afternoon nap. I thought that would mean a good night sleep as soon as we got there. . . .I was WRONG. She laid in her Pack 'n' Play talking to her stuffed animals and rolling around until about 11 o'clock. So since I am a light sleeper I heard most of it until I remembered I brought ear plugs! The was the highlight of my night. :) We took our time getting up, then got breakfast, and got to Disneyland around 10ish and just slowly made our way through the park, riding a few rides here and there. Suprisingly enough Braylee didn't get too scared on any rides, including Snow Whites Scary Adventures. She is usually pretty chill so I guess it's not that surprising after all. . . .

Minnie Mouse is Braylee's most Favorite Character and lucky for us she was the first character we saw after walking under the bridge and onto main street. So we got in line and had about 4 or 5 people in front of us and Braylee had no patience for that she wanted to see Minnie right then! So she kept pulling my hand and saying "Minnie, mommy Minnie" so I had to tell her she had to wait and share Minnie which of course made her cry but she did stay by us and waited as patiently as she could. When we got to our turn she sadly started walking up to Minnie and Minnie (who was the best Minnie I have come across) crouched down and opened her arms and Braylee just ran right into them, not scared at all! It was so Precious! We got our picture and as we were leaving, Braylee gave Minnie a kiss on the nose (missed the picture opportunity). I loved it!

Here are the pics of the weekend:

Minnie and us ( as you can see Braylee was dressed as Minnie and holding her Minnie Doll, so CUTE!!)


The whole group in front of the Castle (excuse teh squinting, we are looking directly into the sun)


The girls in front of the Dwarves


Our little family


On the Carousel


Tuckered out after a trip around the park with Aunt Jess and her friend while Brad and I rode the big kid rides.


Braylee and Aunt Jess while waiting in line for Midway Mania (way fun ride)


Still waiting in line. Mr. Potato head behind us would talk and sing for the people waiting in line.


It's a Small World.


World of Color! SO AMAZING!!!!


Braylee and me in front of World of Color


Day after Disneyland, getting ready to leave the hotel. We bought her a new Minnie purse which she just carries around just about every where she goes.



Here is a video of us on "It's a Small World" the beginning is of me showing that it is still Decorated for Christmas. The last bit is of Braylee waving to all the dolls and saying Hi and Bye Bye.


1 people have something to say:

Jessica said...

She is seriously BEYOND adorable! My oh my what beautiful creatures you and Brad bring into this world Ash <3