Thursday, June 11, 2009

Anniversary and New Job!

Sunday was me and Brads 1 year anniversary and we had plans to go to Melting Pot on Saturday to celebrate; however, Brad got food poisoning :(. He also felt quite sick on Sunday so we didn't go then either. So the plan was Monday we would go to Melting Pot! So when I went to make reservations I was flabbergasted to get a message that said Melting Pots of Las Vegas were closed for Business! WHAT?!?!?!?!? Thats right, Melting Pot has left Las Vegas for the time being! The worst of it for me is Monday was the first day they were closed, so if we had gone on Sat. or Sunday we would've been able to eat there one last time! Despite my sudden depression over the tragic closing, we decided to go to Grimaldi's Pizzeria. I wasn't feeling to well but I chalked it up to being incredibly hungry. Well I was wrong. I could barely eat one piece of pizza and some antipasto and felt even worse. Come to find out, I got food poisining from something earlier in the day :( So to say the least we did not have all that of a great anniversary. But today, my AMAZING husband sent me a text message that said because of our failed attempts at celebrating our anniversary he bought me something and it was going to be delivered today (he wanted to make sure I was at home). It was an edible bouquet!!!!! I love these things and I have always wanted one to be sent to me or even to just get one but I never have. My Husband is just so GREAT!

Here is a pic of the beautiful Bouquet:

Here is a look back to one year ago:

Also, I have some very exciting news!! I got a new job!!!!!! As of June 29 (the day I planned to come back from Maternity leave) I will be working as a Legal Support Specialist for the City Attorney's office for the City of Henderson. I am so HAPPY! I will miss all those I have worked with for the last up to 10 years, but am looking forward to new adventures. I will also be going back to school in the fall in pursuit of a degree in Paralegal Studies so this job is perfect!

2 people have something to say:

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Edible Arrangements are the best! What a sweetheart Brad is! I also just heard that Melting Pot was closing and I thought of you instantly! I was hoping you two had already gotten a chance to eat there for the one year! Bummer! Congratulations on the new job by the way! That is so awesome!

cmeeder said...

I didn't know you got food poisoning too!! I'm gonna beat that food poisoning up! By the way, you didn't know this rule so I will forgive you. But rule #1 about posting is no matter what you are talking about, you must put at least one, no two pictures of Braylee. At least two, that's a minimum, soo.... yeah. You can put up four (minimum) next post since you missed this one. You're forgiven.