Friday, April 22, 2011

Ragnar 2011

Last weekend I was "lucky" enough to run on a Ragnar Relay team in So. California with my sister Candice and 10 others. It is a 200ish mile run from Huntington Beach to Coronado Island. Each person is assigned to be a certain "runner" and run the legs associated. There is a runner on the road non-stop until we cross the finish line. I was runner 11 and ran a 6 mile, a 2.1 mile, and a 5.2 mile run. We slept about 3 or 4 hours total, and although right before my last run I was telling myself I would never do this again, I had a BLAST and I was wrong I would totally do it again :) Here are some pictures of the "fun."





Me and Candice before the Race.


Our whole team before the race


Melva handing off to me to start my first run (6 miles and uphill in 90 degree weather)


Me during my first run (ignore the ugly face, I just don't think it is possible for me to take a good picture while running. . .)


Me handing off to Candice.


First (and hardest) run done!






Candice on her first run. She had to wear the vest and head lamp on all of her runs because of the times she ran. . .


We were lucky enough that one of our Runner's (Cory) wife's (Heather) had family in the town we were scheduled to start our second run in. So thanks to Cory and Heather we had a nice place to sleep a couple hours (2.5) and take a shower!!! Thank you for that!!! This picture is right after we woke up so that is my excuse for looking so tired.


Waiting for the last runner of Van 1 so our Van (Van 2) could start our second runs


My second (and best run) only 2.1 miles and at 5:30 am. BEAUTIFUL weather


Some Beautiful Scenery we were lucky enough to encounter during the race



San Diego Temple


Crossing the finish line!



Our group after the finish (minus one runner who wasn't feeling well)


Van 2


The Girls of Van 2


Our Legit Finisher Medal














0 people have something to say: