Monday, September 27, 2010

Triathlon

Sunday I completed a Sprint Triathlon. For all who don't know the distances for that it is a 750 meter swim, 20k Bike ride, and 5k run. This wasn't my first one but the last one I did was about 2 and a half years ago so I was really excited and nervous as the date got closer and closer. My goal was to beat my last time which I am happy to say I did. I finished in 1 hour and 40 min. about 5 min faster than 2.5 years ago. I was a little disappointed with my run (which is my weakest leg) but at least I didn't stop running/jogging, no walking. My mom, hubby, daughter and sister (Candice), and a couple friends (Jessica and James) all came to cheer me on! it was great! Here are a few pics Candice snapped for me. Please ignore the fact that I look gross. . .I AM working out haha



On the Bike Leg


Coming into the transition area after the bike




Transitioning from bike to run

Off on the run
About to cross the finish line (won't let me rotate the pic sorry)


After the finish with Braylee :)


Family (ingnore the sweatiness)

All the peeps that came to support me . . .Thanks all!

4 people have something to say:

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Congrats Ash! I wish we could have been there to cheer you on! You are awesome! :) Miss you!

Jaden and Stacy said...

WOW Ashley!!!! I am so impressed with you! It makes me feel like such a lazy butt. Congrats on bettering your time. You're amazing!

Courtney Colver said...

Good Job, Ash! you are SO skinny!!

cmeeder said...

You really did so good! I want to do the next one with you! Now comes the half marathon in January!!