Thursday, April 16, 2009

She is here!!!!

Well as some know and others may not know, Braylee Viola Koch was born on Tuesday April 14. Everything went quite well. I was scheduled to go into the hospital at noon to be induced. So i got there, they put in the room I would be delivering in, signed some paperwork then finally gave me the pitocin around 1:30 pm. I was already dialated far enough to get the epidural right when I got there but considering I could barely feel the contractions I decided to hold off so I could feel my legs a little longr :). The nurse broke my water around 3:00 and started the preparations so I could get the epidural. Well about 20 min later I could definitely feel the contractions but because I hadn't had enough fluid pumped into me I had to wait a little. Lucky for me I only had to feel the pain for about 45 min and then the wonderful nurse anesthitis (sp?) man gave me the good stuff :) Braylee graced us with her presence at 7:03 pm after about 40 min of pushing. She weighed 7 lbs 1 oz (lots smaller then expected) and was 19 in long. Below are some picture of my beautiful baby girl and some you can even see her full head of dark hair!!!!


Being weighed:
First picture of mama and baby (well first decent one haha)
Proud Papa
Here she is chillin with:
Uncle Chris and Daddy
Grandma and Grandpa Swapp























Aunt Candice and Aunt Jess













Aunt Kaitlin

Getting ready to leave the hospital

Finally home for the first time

4 people have something to say:

cmeeder said...

I love her so much already! I am glad that you live down the street! It makes it alot easier to invade your space every day to see her :)

Russell Family said...

You guys she is so cute! Congrats! Isn't it amazing? Just everything! I know you two are going to have so much fun with her. Congrats again!

Robert & Brittany said...

Congrats! She is so cute! I bet you are so happy to be at home with her. I am glad you both are doing good. Let me know when things start to calm down and I can come see you! I know how it is the first couple of weeks! I hope you are getting some sleep and recovering well! Let me know if you need anything!

cmeeder said...

Um...more pictures please!