So my mom was lucky enough to be able to spend two weeks at the beach last month and although I wasn't quite that lucky, I WAS able to make it up for 2 weekends. My camera battery died so I took a bunch of pictures on my phone of us at the beach. However, my phone screen cracked therefore making it impossible to use the touchscreen to wit, I can now not download the pictures. I am still working on it though. I do, however, have a few pictures of other events that happened while we were in California.
So around the Trailer Park, where we were staying were these litte green guys that were "slow" signs. Apparently Braylee thought their arms were spread for a hug because, unprovoked by anyone, she just walked up and gave each one a hug. It was so stinkin funny and cute!
Also, while we were up there, my sister Candice and a few of her friends did the San Diego half marathon and my sister Jessica, Braylee and I made it just in time to watch Candice cross the finish line. It was so cool to see and has motivated me to train for a half myself. My plan as of now is for one in January in Carlsbad, CA.
Here is Candice and her number one supporter :)
Here is one of Candice's friends, Chelsea (in Orange) about to cross as well. They were the only ones we watched cross.
It was so motivational to see these girls finish their half marathon. Most, if not all, of these girls have completed at least one more prior to this. And it is so inspriational for me to be able to witness it. I always said I would never want to do anything more than a 10K (which I have still yet to do, but have plans for in November) but after watching Candice in 2 different ones, it pushes me to try. Although, California is the only place I will do it considering it since it is so much easier to run there. With the lower elevation and better weather and all.


1 people have something to say:
I seriously cannot get enough of those pictures of Braylee hugging the yellow plastic man! I remember her actually doing it so it makes it even funnier!
Also, thank you for coming to my races, it means alot! I'm glad you have changed your status to 'dislike' for running, I can't wait for the run in January!
Post a Comment